Monday, July 7, 2008

The miracle couldn't be made!

I couldn't hold any more, I must sleep early tonight. I firstly asked a question. Why do the finals of some important sport events always held on Sunday? I secondly stated one thing, if watched those wonderful sport games in a country which was in a different time zone, and had a few hours different, it's really painful for those people.

I was the person who really loved the tennis (the grand slam champion), and who had been living in Sydney Australia. So, it meant I had to watch the Wimbledon Open at 11.00pm yesterday, while it's only the afternoon in UK. Could you image? It's winter time in Sydney, and I was watching the tennis at the mid night. The main point was that I had to go to work next day. If you thought that it was not bad enough, now I let me tell you a worse one. The Men's Single final of Wimbledon Open had been held in Wimbledon Uk, and the starting time of the final was delayed by its so stupid weather, it finally began at 11.30pm Sydney time. You know, the really opening time was 10.30pm Sydney time.

If you still thought it's not bad enough, okay, let me tell say one more. About at 2.00am this morning, the final was disturbed by the stupid weather again. And I was waiting for about 40 minutes, I was so sleepy and couldn't hold any more. I decided to give it up, I was not sure when the final could re start again, just went to sleep. So, I didn't sleep until a quarter to 3 o'clock.

Sleeping time was always the best time for me. I had to get up at 8.30 am, to avoid late for work. When I just arrive there, my co league told me that she didn't sleep last night and came to work after watching the final. Oh my god! From her, I knew Rafeal Nadal finally beaten King Roger Federer and got his first Wimbledon champion title. This final was finished at 6.00am o'clock this morning. I was happy for Nadal, because of his winning. I actually both of them, but just because Federer got so many champion titles, especially the 5 consecutive Wimbledon Open. So, I thought it's a happy ending.

After the complaint, I wanted to review this Wimbledon from two Men's semi-final to two finals. The first Men's semi-final was Merit Safin VS Roger Federer. It became a competition without any doubts. Because Federer must win, no reasons at all, I always trust. Another Men's semi-final was Rafeal Nadal VS Schuttler, Nadal was easily to win the first set, which only spent 23 minutes, but I hadn't watched all the game, because it's too late, I didn't sleep until more than 1.00am. This had happened in last Friday night.

The Women's final had held at Saturday's night between the Williams sisters, Serena Williams VS Venus Williams. To be honest, I didn't like this final, there wouldn't be no doubt, no matter who won, it's the honor for the Williams family. My favourite player didn't enter the final, she was Maria Sharapova. The little sister Sarina got the champion.

Till the final, it's really an eventful final. In the first and second set, Nadal broke Federer's two serves, so that it's 2:0, Nadal was advantage. However, due to the weather, two players got time to have a rest. In the third and forth set, Federer made the score 2:2. The fifth set was so wonderful, they all wanted to won, but the winner was always one, finally, Nadal beated Federer 9:7 in the last set, and got the final champion.

There was a bit unfortunate, Federer couldn't make the miracle, he couldn't get the 6 consecutive Wimbledon championship. It's doesn't matter he was already changing the history. I wished all my favourite player goo luck in the US open in the September. If Nadal and Federer met each other again, I hoped that they could bring an amazing game again. By the way, the weather should be very fine. I was still wondering why the stadium staff couldn't close the ceiling, it could be closed, they were as stupid as the weather. I love tennis.

No comments: